Family Support Network BVI is a non-profit, non-governmental organization whose primary aim is to aid individuals, couples, and families affected by domestic violence. The organization has reached over 450 people on the island.
YEP BVI aims at inspiring 350 young people to pursue the kinds of learning and experiences that will help them become socially responsible friends, neighbors and citizens.
The Humane Society of the British Virgin Islands (BVI) was established in 1975 with the following aims and objectives, as per the original constitution:
• To promote the welfare of all animals in the Territory of the British Virgin Islands
• To ensure kindness and consideration in the handling of all livestock and domestic pets
• The preservation of wildlife in the Territory
• To prevent or suppress cruelty in any form
Listed on this page are the specific needs requested by the community project(s) so you can choose exactly what to pack for a purpose and express your gratitude to the local community with the supplies you take them. If you prefer, you may reach out directly to them to inquire about items which may be available for purchase locally. Arranging visits to community projects is beyond the scope of our mission. If you wish to visit a project, contact the participant and they can let you know what is possible.
Candy and balloons are not on the needs list as they are harmful for the children and the environment for the following reasons:
• Few of the children benefiting from these projects have access to toothpaste, toothbrushes, or a dentist. The candy promotes cavities.
• The balloons once they become deflated are a choking hazard for local wildlife.
Instead of taking candy or balloons, use that space for additional requested supplies, as they are priceless.