Ecuador Freedom Bike Rental and Tours
Freedom Bike Rentals brings needed school supplies and toys to 13 schools in remote villages that they visit along their guided and self-guided tours. These rural schools serve over 1,000 children from the ages of 5 through 12. Please be aware that if you wish to deliver the supplies yourself, may need to carry these in your own saddlebags on your own motorcycle.
General School Supplies:
Chalk, Colored Pencils, Compasses, Crayons, Dry-Erase Markers, Erasers, Glue Sticks, Handheld Pencil Sharpeners, Markers, Pencils, Pencil Cases/Bags, Pens, Protractors, Rulers, Solar Calculators, Solar Lantern Lights, and Wide-ruled Paper
(English and Spanish) Dictionaries, and Age Appropriate Encyclopedias on CD
(English and Spanish) Alphabet, Math, and Word
(Spanish) Human Body, Language, Math, Science, and World Maps
Acrylic Paints, Acrylic Paint Brushes, Beads for Bead Work, Buttons, Craft Glue, Craft Scissors, Earring Hooks, Sewing Needles, Thread, and Watercolor Brushes and Paints
Chess Sets, Puzzles, Scrabble, and Stuffed Animals/Soft Toys
Recorders and Xylophones
Frisbees, Jump Ropes, Netball/Basketballs, Soccer Balls, Tennis Balls and Whistles
- PfaP Travelers Spread the Filipino Tradition of Balikbayan with Ecuador Freedom Bike Rental
- I’m always looking for the “why”. In this case, why Ecuador?
- Washed Out Roads, No Obstacle to Committed PfaP Travelers
- Recorders Ride into Ecuador Hitting Just the Right Note
- Nine Friends From Two Continents Pack for a Purpose on a Third Continent
Listed on this page are the specific needs requested by the community project(s) so you can choose exactly what to pack for a purpose and express your gratitude to the local community with the supplies you take them. If you prefer, you may reach out directly to them to inquire about items which may be available for purchase locally. Arranging visits to community projects is beyond the scope of our mission. If you wish to visit a project, contact the participant and they can let you know what is possible.
Candy and balloons are not on the needs list as they are harmful for the children and the environment for the following reasons:
• Few of the children benefiting from these projects have access to toothpaste, toothbrushes, or a dentist. The candy promotes cavities.
• The balloons once they become deflated are a choking hazard for local wildlife.
Instead of taking candy or balloons, use that space for additional requested supplies, as they are priceless.