Accommodations & Tour Companies
Stories from Ecuador
- How One Motorcycle Tour Company + PfaP Travelers Made a Difference in the Lives of Ecuadorian Children
- “The Generosity of the Guests at Pikaia Lodge Makes a Big Impact”
- Ruth Sarvis’ Story
- Ecoventura Guests Give Big with Pack for a Purpose
- PfaP Travelers Spread the Filipino Tradition of Balikbayan with Ecuador Freedom Bike Rental
- I’m always looking for the “why”. In this case, why Ecuador?
- Paulette’s Story
- Mark’s Story
- Washed Out Roads, No Obstacle to Committed PfaP Travelers
- Damaris’ Story
Facts about Ecuador
Though Ecuador is the second-smallest country on the continent, this South American destination charms every visitor that travels to its beautiful mountains, lush cloud forest, or Pacific coast. Adventure vacationers and outdoor enthusiasts are taken in by Ecuador’s Amazon Basin and Andean volcanoes. Animal lovers can spot wildlife throughout their journey, while others are delighted by the indigenous traditional costumes and highland markets. When packing for Ecuador, humanitarians and volunteer vacationers can find plenty of ways to help non-profits.
There is an abundance of non-profit organizations and service groups in Ecuador that accept charitable donations. For vacationers interested in responsible tourism and helping children in Ecuador, there are several organizations in place that help to give local children a solid education and enrich their learning experience. Donated school supplies and computer equipment can be given to several of these projects. Humanitarians hoping to help medical organizations and non-profits can donate medical supplies, as well as art supplies for children.